TERM POSITION: 12 MONTHS (WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
AVAILABILITY: 3 TO 4 DAYS PER WEEK
The Rick Hansen Institute is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization that drives innovation in spinal cord injury research and care. By facilitating an international network of researchers, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs, investors, people with SCI and their supporters, we strive to improve the lives of people living with SCI in Canada and around the world. The Rick Hansen Institute is proudly accredited by Imagine Canada.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to support the Program Evaluation & Accountability Department at RHI. The Evaluation Assistant will work closely with the Evaluator on assigned projects, as well as attend and participate in committees, working groups and planning meetings as required.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation planning by providing input into the development and implementation of designs and methods.
- Assist in the development of data collection instruments and procedures.
- Collect a range of data (e.g. surveys, focus groups, interviews, and administrative data) from multiple sources.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation activities in compliance with ethical requirements.
- Conduct qualitative (e.g. thematic) and quantitative (e.g. descriptive, inferential) data analysis.
- Interpret results and draft reports, including recommendations, memos, and summaries for use by leadership and decision-makers.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of presentations for decision-makers.
- Respond to student, staff and faculty inquiries related to assigned work.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the successful completion of assigned work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in a health science, social science or related discipline with coursework in research methodologies, statistical analysis, and program evaluation.
- Experience in related research/evaluation/decision support in public health, community health programs, acute care or other health services.
- Experience with project management, program planning and evaluation.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of research methodology, principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of performance outcome measurement tools and techniques, and program evaluation, (e.g., program logic models, impact analysis).
- Ability to use current computer software such as spreadsheets (e.g., Excel) or database (e.g., Access).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a dynamic team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present technical information in lay terms, synthesize information and communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Consistently approaches work with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored, even under pressure.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply here by October 31, 2018. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the Rick Hansen Institute, please visit our website at www.rickhanseninstitute.org.