PART-TIME (0.6 FTE) TERM POSITION: SEPTEMBER 2018 TO MARCH 2019 (WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION)
The Rick Hansen Institute is a Canadian-based not-for-profit organization that drives innovation in spinal cord injury research and care. By facilitating an international network of researchers, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs, investors, people with SCI and their supporters, we strive to improve the lives of people living with SCI in Canada and around the world. The Rick Hansen Institute is proudly accredited by Imagine Canada.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to support the Marketing & Network Engagement initiatives at RHI. The Marketing & Network Engagement (MNE) Assistant supports the implementation of MNE activities at the Rick Hansen Institute. If you have a background in Marketing or Communications and a keen interest to learn more, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Manages social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other relevant platforms
- Maintains and updates RHI website
- Assists in production and dissemination of external publications (newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, reports, brochures, etc.)
- Maintains and updates mailing lists
- Liaises with vendors such as print shops, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Organizes and maintains photo assets
- Media monitoring and metrics reporting
- Assists in coordination of events
- Responding to inquiries received through social platforms and email
- University Degree or Diploma in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing or communications role
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar and spelling
- Keen eye for detail and design
- Good understanding of brand integrity and consistency
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both orally and written
- Knowledge of email distribution services would be an asset
- Knowledge of CMS platforms would be an asset
- Knowledge of camera/photography techniques would be an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates can apply here by September 30, 2018. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the Rick Hansen Institute, please visit our website at www.rickhanseninstitute.org.